North Wall CTC provides an Advocacy Programme to all of it’s trainee’s.
- To facilitate each young person to develop an Individual Progression Plan (IPP) with the ultimate goal of securing the young person a job or progression to same via further education and/or training.
- Utilising tracking in conjunction with Instructors to provide after placement support and advice to learners placed in jobs and employers and to those who progressed onto training and education courses.
- To build well networks and contacts with other relevant agencies in the area, such as SOLAS and the CDETB as a source of progression.
- To assist learners prepare for job interviews and CV’s and orient past experience if any to job requirements and to also assist with job search activities and applications.
- To liaise and work with local employers to establish a realistic picture of various job requirements to ensure accurate matching of learners to vacancies.
- To build a learner database of local employers who provide work at the level appropriate to learner aspirations, experience and educational background.
- To concentrate particularly on difficult-to-place job seekers.
- To establish contacts with local second level schools as a source of learners, i.e., school dropouts, and present this potential learner group with options available to them in the North Wall Community Training Centre.